Basketball and Soccer Scores

January 12, 2008
Well, we're back into sports with another week under our belts. Josh's school team won both games this week, which puts them at 7 and 2, I think. They are doing pretty well, but have a tough couple of games this week. His Wham team didn't fare as well, losing their opener. But I have a feeling that they just have to get into a groove. There is too much talent on their team to not end up doing great.
Meg's Arsenal team won again, which puts them 2 and 0 for the winter season. They played an awesome game on Saturday. Everyone really gave a hundred percent and looked great out there. Meg even took a ball in the face and kept on playing. . .until her nose started bleeding, that is.
Kyle opened up his Wham season playing against his last year team. They don't keep score, so we don't know who won, but I could hazard a guess that would make Kyle unhappy. They played great though and it was a close game full of some pretty serious rivalry! Kyle also got to play a baseball game for the opening of Gilbert's new Big League Dreams Park. He had a great time and apparently the facility is over the top. Hopefully, we'll get to play there again someday.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Life with Kate





Once in a while you snap a picture that just captures your child's personality. I had a night like that with Kate. She came in with her favorite blue shoes (hand-me-downs from Meg), her favorite red silky nightie (a hand-me-down from Aunt Jill) and loads of jewelry purloined from Meg's treasures (she's a real gem for going through Meg's goods). Add the glasses on top of an always dirty face to a little background music and you have the recipe for quite a show. Kate couldn't help but get down. She was twirling and spinning all over the place. I grabbed my camera just for one shot and couldn't help but take a few more than that. If I had to pick one word to describe Kate it would have to be SPUNKY! She definitely makes me crazy with all of her antics, but I'll take that if it comes with a good laugh once in awhile. She fills our house with fun and love. I mean, how can you not love a face like that?

6 comments:

Lynnette said...

You are so right about Spunky Kate! I love her. She and Brandon are the perfect mix of attitude and adventure, and I love when they get to play. Love the pics...oh, and now you can look like you have lots of friends posting comments too! :)

Webb Family said...

What a perfect word! Those pictures are so cute.

Sue said...

I love these pictures of Kate. I'm glad you pulled out the camera to capture her. She is just so dang funny, and a posed picture of Kate doesn't do her justice.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Her and Abby would be good friends. We call her "gusto" because everything she does is with.....well, gusto! I sure don't want her to grow up but at least she gets more fun each new day to make it worth it!

aimee said...

What great memories I have of that girl!! I can only imagine the many, many more. My only hope is that Jace doesn't encourage any "more" bad behavior! Thanks for your patience, kindness, and friendship. I am luck!
Aimee

aimee said...

Ok...typo on the word LUCKY. That is what I really meant!