Basketball and Soccer Scores

January 12, 2008
Well, we're back into sports with another week under our belts. Josh's school team won both games this week, which puts them at 7 and 2, I think. They are doing pretty well, but have a tough couple of games this week. His Wham team didn't fare as well, losing their opener. But I have a feeling that they just have to get into a groove. There is too much talent on their team to not end up doing great.
Meg's Arsenal team won again, which puts them 2 and 0 for the winter season. They played an awesome game on Saturday. Everyone really gave a hundred percent and looked great out there. Meg even took a ball in the face and kept on playing. . .until her nose started bleeding, that is.
Kyle opened up his Wham season playing against his last year team. They don't keep score, so we don't know who won, but I could hazard a guess that would make Kyle unhappy. They played great though and it was a close game full of some pretty serious rivalry! Kyle also got to play a baseball game for the opening of Gilbert's new Big League Dreams Park. He had a great time and apparently the facility is over the top. Hopefully, we'll get to play there again someday.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Birthday?

Could it really be a Wii?
Finally, her own phone! (Sigh.)
Future Tiger? Who can tell.

The calm before the storm."I've been wanting an ipod my whole life!"
Dora, from Kyle. (The best present ever!)
Grandma and Grandpa McDowell
Meg and the gorgeous Shumway girls


December 25th is a crazy day in our house. Not only do we get to celebrate Christmas, but we also are lucky enough to have Meg's birthday fall on the 25th. While it complicates things a little, we still love that Meg shares a birthday with the day we celebrate our Savior's birth. It was a sweet coincidence and we'll always try to make sure that it's special on both accounts!





As for the presents, I think that the kids got a lot of great stuff and maybe even everything that they had their hearts set on. We even managed to come up with the elusory Wii (lucky timing at Costco), even though they spent their day playing guitar hero on their old PS2 and downloading tunes on their ipods.



For her birthday, Meg finally got a phone. (Did I say finally? I mean, she's only 12!) She was thrilled. We are anxious. I think we set a precedent with Josh last year, but having done it we also acknowledge that every child is different. Oh, I hope that we are wrong!



But really, the best part of Christmas is family. We spent last night with the McDowells and I think that I called home at least twice before nine a.m. this morning. I love being in Oregon for the Holidays, but sometimes it's just too hard to move the entire operation up there. I miss my Grandmas most of all. Talking on the phone isn't really the same, but it's a close second. I hope that everyone else had as fantastic of a Christmas as we did. We are so blessed in so many ways. My heart goes out to all those who couldn't be with those they love, especially our cute Kerbee who is serving in Iraq. I'm sure that there is nothing she would want more than to be home holding her sweet little Aroura and watching her rip through her Christmas treasures. I'm so grateful for Kerbee and all the rest of the soldiers out there protecting and serving us.


Lastly, I am so in debt to our Saviour. How do you express gratitude for the best present of all? I am a lucky girl, a very blessed girl who knows that I can never do everything myself. I know that my making it anywhere will require a great measure of grace on His part and that He was willing to do that for not only me, but my family and everyone else, too. I hope that this Christmas we all reflect on our good fortune and on the birth of a single baby who changed the course of all of our lives by what He did with His! Merry Christmas!








13 comments:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love your post! So perfeft for the holiday it was ment for. I also like the fact that the presents under the tree started out nice and pretty and then it looks like WAM! Santa came!!! How fun all those gifts are. We got a Wii and havne't set it up yet. Waiting for the brother to come and help us!

Wendy said...

Lisa,
I'm so impressed! What a great way to keep everyone updated. You have beautiful children. It looks like you managed to pull off Christmas and Meg's birthday just fine. That smile with the new phone says it all. Thanks for sharing your blog spot with me. I would love to get together if you make it to Ontario anytime soon. Keep in touch.
Love,
Wendy

Sue said...

Great post. I finally got around to sitting down and looking at all of my favorite blogs tonight after updating mine.
You're last paragraph is great. It's easy to forget what Christmas is about with all of the craziness that goes with getting ready. On Christmas Eve we always make sure to read the Christmas story out of Luke 2 just before bedtime so that it's not all about Santa. Brings it back into perspective.

Love you!

Webb Family said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! How fun for Meg to get a phone!!

sonja said...

Lisa, how fun to see what everyone is doing! I loved your christmas card too! thanks for your sweet note to us. I really want to start blogging but I am scared... where to find the time. Send me your email, I have something to send you! Much love,
Sonja

Marcee said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I know what you mean about not being able to see Grandma. I am jealous that Maureen got her this year!

Happy New Year,
Marcee

Shannon said...

Looks like you had a Merry Christmas! Guy said that Meg is in his class and he thought he was such a nice girl. We are going to have to snag her to babysit!

Steve and Megan said...

Great post! Christmas looks like it was a total blast at your house. Your kids scored!

Thanks for the Christmas card. It was so darling. You did a great job.

Jut and Char said...

Lisa,

Hey there, thanks for stopping by the site and saying hi. I got you linked on my site now. I'll make sure I stop by more often and say hello.

Jut

Unknown said...

Lisa, whoda thunk you were a blogger. Meg had lunch with us a couple of weeks ago, she is gorgeous. Stop by my blog sometime when you want to feel better about your life and Tell Mike sorry again, we almost ran him over in the parking lot - it happens, right?

Unknown said...

What a fun Christmas....and Happy Birthday Meg! A cell phone...lucky girl!

Mindy said...

Do I really have to go all the way to Disneyland to see you. Let's get together soon OK? I love your blog. Your kids are too cute.

abo-bder said...



فني
شركة قص اشجار بالرياض