Basketball and Soccer Scores

January 12, 2008
Well, we're back into sports with another week under our belts. Josh's school team won both games this week, which puts them at 7 and 2, I think. They are doing pretty well, but have a tough couple of games this week. His Wham team didn't fare as well, losing their opener. But I have a feeling that they just have to get into a groove. There is too much talent on their team to not end up doing great.
Meg's Arsenal team won again, which puts them 2 and 0 for the winter season. They played an awesome game on Saturday. Everyone really gave a hundred percent and looked great out there. Meg even took a ball in the face and kept on playing. . .until her nose started bleeding, that is.
Kyle opened up his Wham season playing against his last year team. They don't keep score, so we don't know who won, but I could hazard a guess that would make Kyle unhappy. They played great though and it was a close game full of some pretty serious rivalry! Kyle also got to play a baseball game for the opening of Gilbert's new Big League Dreams Park. He had a great time and apparently the facility is over the top. Hopefully, we'll get to play there again someday.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

San Francisco Get Away








Mike and I in Candlestick Park. I know it's named something else now,
but I hate that commercial junk!


Anthony and Lori Graves, Jim and Christie Adcox, Mike and I, John Paul and Kathy Jones





Tracy in her cute bug!










Our shuttle driver to and from the airport. He did a pretty decent Napolean Dynamite impression and I don't even think that he was trying to.



Early in September we took a little trip to San Francisco to watch a 49ers and Cardinals game. Yeah, we're huge Cardinal fans. . .not really. Our friend Antonio is actually a faithful Cards fan (yes, there are a few of those out there) and so we all jumped in at the chance to hang out with old friends and watch Matt Leinart try to make something happen for Arizona. If you saw the Monday night football game then you know that it almost did, then in classic Cardinal fashion the 49ers came storming down the field in the last minute to win by a field goal. All I know is that I'd rather have left Candlestick stadium as a loser amongst those fans then a winner. The best part about the night was our free ride back downtown on the bus after we paid over a hundred bucks for a van service to the game. Not only was the bus ride home twice as fast, but it also seemed a whole lot safer than the crazy drivers that we had every time we took a shuttle. The moral of this tale: Never knock public transportation!
Luckily, the game was not the only thing we did on our trip. I had a great visit with my childhood friend, Tracy Astle. She lives in San Fran and works at Pottery Barn as a textile buyer. She was a great tour guide and knew every in and out of public transportation. She also took Mike and I around town in her cute VW bug, which she and I always said we'd own one day. At least one of us got one. We had a blast catching up and it was great fun to see Tracy in "her city" as I call it. She really loves San Fran and after all the great places she showed us, I can see why. Other than that, I think that we girls hit every H&M in the city. Who knew you could shop at the same place twelve different times. That's what happens when something is inaccessible back home.
Lastly, I think that the most memorable event of the trip actually happened on the plane ride out to San Fran, but you'll have to ask me about that. I refuse to write about it. Ugh! Or maybe you could ask Lori Graves as she sat right next to the foul-smelling perpetrator. Ha Ha!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm glad you could go do this and see Tracy and San Fransisco.
Welcome to the world of blogging!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Lisa, great job on the post! You did it!!! I'm excited to be able to KIT even though I still see you (although not enough for sure!) I asked Mindy how she blogs with her laptop and she said "get a mouse!! It's so much easier!!!" So there you have it from one fellow blogger to another!!! Have a great weekend friend!